Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Performance pressure is a very real thing!

As you may already know I play the piano.

This year I changed piano teachers. I now study under Jai Kim. She is a great pianist and musician. She has a club called the Ars Nova Musical Outreach Program. This club has about 20 or so members including me. We have to study every day for at least an hour. This may seem like a lot but there are teenagers out there practicing 8 hours a day! A brilliant British pianist I know, Benjamin Grosvenor, practices for 8 hours. We had a piano concert on June 7th. It was great. I played Bach's Invention #1 in F major, Rhapsody by Margaret Wigham, and A Chopsticks Theme and Variations Duet. The duet I played with my teacher, Mrs. Kim. I will try to get a video of the performance and post it.

1 comment:

zorro said...

good stuff spider! when you come back from camp and resume blogging I will announce your blog....so sock it to 'em.