Monday, July 21, 2008

I Am Thankful ...

I am thankful
for many things;
for being alive
when the alarm clock rings;
for all my family
sitting around the table at breakfast
when we chow down.
For all my skills;
piano and smarts,
for my soccer skills (well ... no)
and I am okay at arts.
I am very thankful for my close friends
Brandon, Kristoph and Theo J.
The list never ends
Ethan, Cynthia and Gerrick
who happens to be my cousin too.
They're always there to make me smile
when I am sad or blue.
I am thankful for
the roof that sits above my head.
I am grateful for the clothes on my back,
and my warm and comfy bed.
I am thankful for enough to eat ...
never starved before.
There's always been enough for me
and usually more and more.
There's more each and every time
but sadly it has come to this;
I'm out of words to rhyme!
Bernard Farquharson 2008

1 comment:

zorro said...

Atta boy, grandson!